Friday, February 19, 2016

The Wind of Change

Master modeller Nordic / Erik is back with an update on how things are progressing with his enigmatic tzeentchean warband! I´m just amazed by the the inventiveness and skill on show here...
Over to you Erik:


I have returned with a new batch of warped and twisted minions of the Lord of Fate!


Kithelon of the Aether! He/She/It is ready for painting. I have used the torso from the Gaunt Summoner, a hand from the spirit hosts and the staff top is from the varanguard box, turning it into sort of a halberd. the skirt is from the Vampire Counts Coven Throne. I never thought I would get any use from the skirt but when I saw it in my bits box it just clicked.
The Steed is inspired by the Aboleth from Dungeons and Dragons.





I have fishified the trolls some more and added more chaosy weapons as per Alexanders suggestion. ;)



I am ridiculously happy with my sorcerer, Feldrek Flameborn, I twisted his arms into a more open pose so that the face isn't obscured by swords, staffs and hands.



The Thugs/Ungors are finished! They are basecoated first with chaos black, then army painter Leather Brown from the sides and from the top I sprayed Army Painter Bone. Then they're mostly painted with washes and highlighted with pallid wych flesh.They were very quick to paint. I did these ten guys in a little over a day. I am very happy with them and I am glad that my paintscheme worked out!

I have been lacking in motivation lately since i've only been building stuff and I guess I've gotten a bit tired of it because I haven't really felt like I've made any progress. But now that I've started painting I feel the creative juices flowing once again!
Until Next time!

26 comments:

  1. Bloodi hell, that champion is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it Fulgrim. Wonderful work Erik!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, some really cool stuff, especially the sorcerer with the fungus body. Where is the bird head from? Some type of elf hawk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The head on the sorcerer is from the empire general minigriffon.

      Delete
    2. Aah, it's a perfect fit, great find :-D

      Delete
  4. Amazing work all around! Those thugs/ungor are incredible. Where did you get the head for the short one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you mean the ratcentaur? Its from the Empire huntsmen/archers box. I think it comes with a hat that I cut off and made a cap instead.

      Delete
    2. Aha, that's why I didn't recognize it - thanks!

      Delete
  5. These are really extraordinary, particularly Kithelon, great sculpting skills and a unique vision for Tzeentch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I opened this post the first image popped up on screen and I was like "Woah! Is that an Aboleth!?!" Then after reading the text "Oh Gods, it is!". That is awesome.

    I love the thugs/ungors, so full of character. They are truly in the spirit of the original Realm of Chaos figures. The painting is just magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They carry a real 'realms of chaos' vibe to them. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like your tzeentch project is going swimmingly. Just don't flounder about and it'll end up with quite a splash! Now I don't want to flip-flop here, but I think the henchmen are a tad earthy for such an aquatic theme. Just warning about muddying the waters of your overall design.

    (I dont really think so, just wanted to throw in more puns)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Riding about, side-saddle on a floating fish.... marvellous! Your creations are perfect for this Tzeentchian warband. The variety of fun individuals in that thugs unit just screams Changer of Ways to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Erik, you are my favorite converter. Your skills, inventiveness and then the painting skills to match. I love them all but the ones that stand out to me: the lord (obviously), Feldrek (that mushroom bottom has a nice flamer feeling too it) and hornblower (those puffy cheeks), standardbearer and worm guy from the thugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. I am quite pleased with all those convertions you mention. =)

      Delete
  11. Great job Erik and it's really interesting seeing how our tzeentch warbands are developing because I really feel we're both showing off new sides of tzeentch :)

    How are your plans for the DP going? I have established two major concepts that I'm checking out now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't thought of a DP yet really, though I have been pondering a Vortex Beast...

      Delete
    2. Wow now that could truly be something! I'm looking at a grinder merged with some dragon bits as my primary goal. In my minds eye it looks better than what it sounds.

      Delete
  12. Wowzer, what an amazing set of conversions! That sorcerer on the flying fish is just fantastic, but everything else as equally awesome... I just don't know where to start really! I think I'm just going to stare in admiration for a while if that's ok with you mate... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.